Video credit: Crohn's and Colitis Foundation
IBD experts unpack the relationship between diet, your body, and IBD
Romanwell founder and IBD dietitian, Brittany Rogers, was featured in the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation's MyIBDLearning webinar on the relationship between one's diet, body, and IBD.
During the talk, Brittany spoke about
- The importance of diet for people with Crohn's and colitis
- Potential drawbacks of restrictive diets
- Pros and cons of common diets in IBD
- How to implement a relaxed approach to diet that is focused on expanding one's diet rather than restriction
Brittany's talk was followed up by Kathryn Tomasino, PhD, a gastrointestinal behavioral health psychologist and professor of medicine at Northwestern University.
Dr. Tomasino's talk covered
- Food related quality of life in IBD
- Body image and IBD
- Risk of disordered eating/eating disorders in IBD
- How to reduce restrictive eating and improve food-related quality of life and well-bring living with IBD
Check out the full video at the link above!